Using the right tool is essential to create high-quality content for your website that ranks well in search engines. Web content must be readable and engaging, informative, rich in keywords, and well-crafted.
Picking the right content creation tool can be tricky, given that there are at least a dozen content writing tools that can be used for SEO purposes. This article will discuss some of the best content writing tools for 2022.
What Are Content Creation Tools?
Content creation tools are websites, software, or applications used in content creation. Just like hiring content creation services, they make writing content easier by assisting in planning and strategizing content creation. They also allow you to create more engaging and optimized content for search engine results pages.
Top Blog Content Creation Tools
Best Writing Tools for Live Composition
Scrivener is suitable for long blog posts, articles, novels, or extended essays. It helps organize your research, writing process, and notes.
Scrivener lets you see the bigger picture when working on your project, as you can view your document side-by-side. Additionally, you can replace your regular word processor and use Scrivener as an alternative processor.
Scrivener suits many projects by incorporating document management and storage, grammar checks, progress tracking, and project planning.
Table of Contents
Need help creating more engaging content?
- Allows you to see the bigger picture
- It can serve as an alternative word processor
- Customizable templates, fields, and categories
- Easy to zoom in and out of long documents for details
- Complete control of breaking down long texts into small sections or edit the whole document
- Side-by-side document viewing makes it easy to check for issues
- Easy to track progress for your writing goals
- Useful when working on long documents simultaneously
- Easy to visualize and manage writing and edits.
- Unavailable as Android App
- Scrivener for iOS: $19.99
- Mac + Windows bundle: $80
- Scrivener 1 for Windows: $49
- Scrivener 3 for Mac: $49
2. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a plugin for WordPress with over one million active installations and a 4.0 out of 5 stars rating on WordPress.org. It is one of the most recommended tools used by web content creation services.
Yoast SEO helps create SEO meta descriptions and titles while optimizing your content for higher rankings. It also improves your content by analyzing your writing and providing suggestions for improving it.
Yoast SEO makes improving your content easy by directly computing Flesch’s reading score and allowing you to copy data between programs and fix problem areas in your text.
Yoast SEO can also judge your content relevance with Google trends and Google Analytics. Additionally, it checks the length of sentences, distribution of subheadings, internal links, and the strength of your English in the text.
Yoast can help you focus on writing and manage your time with more efficient roadmaps.
- Content Analysis — analyzes your writing and provides feedback on how to improve it.
- Sitemap Generator — creates an XML sitemap for your website
- Provides keyword use in subheadings
- An accessible and user-friendly tool
- It can work for proofreading purposes
- Save your Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds from content elimination
- Provides target keywords
- Best WordPress SEO plugin
- Weak intent understanding evokes misleading messages or tone
- Yoast SEO Premium Plugin is $99.00 per year.
- Yoast SEO Plugin subscription is $229 billed annually
- There is a free Yoast SEO download.
3. Final Draft
Final Draft is most suitable for scriptwriting. It allows you to write without worrying about formatting since it has dozens of built-in templates. Final Draft has a non-existent learning curve and is very easy to use, making script-writing feel effortless.
The tool also employs intuitive software that makes writing enjoyable.
- Speech to Script (Mac) and multi-language support
- Over 100 professional templates
- Use the beat board to plan your content
- Popular with Hollywood icons like Guillermo Del Toro and J.J. Abrams hence credible
- Easy formatting with over 300 templates
- Allows you full control over writing and organization of your writing process
- It is ideal for industry professionals.
- Regular price for macOS and Windows versions- $249.99 (one-time)
- Mobile version for iPhone and iPad- $9.99
*There is a current special Price for macOS and Windows versions – $199.99
Receive marketing tips like these directly in your inbox
Best tools for SEO Optimization
Frase is an excellent tool for creating content for a website. If you are searching for something, Frase will provide you with related keywords, article summaries, topics, and questions that will help you create an outline for your content and craft a great article optimized for search engines.
Your initial contact with Frase might be a little overwhelming; however, over time, you will quickly find that Frase is intuitive and user-friendly.
- Questions and topics research — helps you write content that is relevant to your audience.
- Content briefs — Suggests popular content in the industry and how you can improve on it.
- Content optimization — helps in optimizing your content for search engines.
- Outstanding research with long-tail keywords
- Easy-to-use recommended headings and questions
- Frase seems to score content pretty accurately.
- Cheaper without the SEO add-on
- Increased costs of buying the SEO- add-on feature since it’s sold separately from the Frase tool.
- The Individual Plan is $44.99/ per month
- The team Plan is $114.99 per month
2. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is popular for writing high-quality, keyword-rich content. It is great for content planning and optimization to boost your site’s ranking on search engine results pages.
Surfer makes writing great content easy and can help you save time. It has features that help you find keywords easily and turn them into content with high-ranking potential.
If you are looking for a streamlined content planning and optimization tool, Surfer is a great choice. It’s also good for anyone looking to outsource writing tasks since you can create briefs for your writers and use the scoring system to ensure they create high-quality work. You can also use Surfer to optimize web content.
Surfer also has dozens of related search terms, which categorize relevant groups. The groups help you target several search terms within a single piece of content, providing insights about search intent.
You can also integrate Surfer with other platforms like WordPress and Google, and share your work with unlimited team members through shareable links.
- Keyword surfer provides relevant keywords and suggests ways to optimize your content.
- SEO analyzer — helps identify potential issues and gives suggestions on how to fix them.
- Outline generator — helps you organize your thoughts and ensure that content is well-structured.
- The user interface is intuitive and easy to learn
- Real Latent Semantic Indexing keywords
- Allows SEO audit
- Content Structure Assistance
- Some keywords may result in unnatural-sounding text.
- Surfer plans start from $49 per month when billed annually
Clearscope is a valuable keyword research tool and an enterprise-level SEO content optimization platform. It uses IBM Watson services to generate SEO research and content production by analyzing and comparing top-ranking websites on search engine results pages.
Clearscope integrates easily with other platforms such as Google Docs through an extension or WordPress through a plugin, making your workflow easy. It’s most suitable for building winning content briefs, as well as outlining and optimizing content in the built-in text editor with real-time scoring and customized feedback.
Additionally, you can achieve a higher ranking on search engine results pages by auditing top-ranking Google search results and analyzing the data and the keyword discovery tool to find search queries to target in your content strategy.
Some notable businesses that use Clearscope include Webflow, Adobe, Nvidia, and YouTube.
- Integration — can integrate with Google Docs, for quick and easy content creation and publishing.
- Content Optimization — determines the level of content optimization for search engines and offers optimization tips.
- Keyphrase Research — helps generate a list of the top key phrases based on your competitor analysis or industry.
- Easy integration
- Real-time text editor
- Keyword discovery
- Quickly create content briefs
- Costly compared to other available content writing tools for SEO
- The Clearscope Essentials plan starts at $170 per month.
- The Clearscope business plan costs $1,200 per month.
Best Content Creation Tools for Grammar and Spelling Checks
Hemingway is a free SEO writing tool that helps ensure your writing is clear and concise, which enables writers to produce engaging and high-quality content.
It also helps editors and copywriters analyze copy for readability issues such as complex phrases, outdated jargon, or hard-to-read sentences. It then offers suggestions on how to fix these issues.
Hemingway grades readability on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most concise and readable. In addition, it highlights potential problem areas in your text and displays different colors depending on the type of problem, for example, semantic, syntax, or lexical.
Hemingway is an excellent tool for a writer who wants to produce high-quality content that ensures a better user experience.
- Color-coded editing —different highlights indicate what you need to fix.
- Content score — The lower the score, the less readable your writing is.
- Readability statistics — Helps you fix your writing to ensure it is readable.
- Concise, readable, and interesting prose is essential for good SEO.
- The color-coding helps you instantly identify issues in your copy.
- A free version is available
- Powerful readability checker
- Hemingway is ideal for spotting complicated words or sentences
- Hemingway is not a replacement for a good editor.
- The online Hemingway Editor is free to use.
- You can download a one-time desktop version of the app for $19.99.
Grammarly is a popular online writing tool for spelling and grammar checks. It is ideal for working in teams, as it helps ensure uniformity of tone and voice. It also removes ambiguity regarding writing style by using specific rules based on user settings.
You can integrate Grammarly with other platforms and desktop apps like Asana and Slack. Additionally, you can add Grammarly as a Chrome extension to improve your content instead of using a built-in spell checker like the one in Microsoft Word.
Grammarly detects common spellings and grammar mistakes and offers suggestions for grammatical changes that you can use to optimize and improve your content overall.
It also detects the tone of your content and offers suggestions and edits that you can make to suit a certain voice, such as formal or casual. In short, Grammarly is a must-have tool for content creation.
- Language Options — It supports several languages, including British English, American English, Canadian English, German, French, and Spanish.
- Vocabulary Suggestions — Provides vocabulary suggestions to improve your writing style.
- Plagiarism Detection — It checks for plagiarism against over 8 billion web pages.
- Intuitive browser extension
- Customizable settings to suit tone or occasion
- Grammarly is very accurate and finds even the smallest mistakes.
- Vocabulary suggestions help improve your writing style.
- Effective for checking spelling and grammar
- Facilitates teamwork
- Sometimes provides irrelevant or inappropriate word replacement suggestions.
- Unrealistic suggestions regarding the use of passive voice
- Grammarly has a free plan available. Paid plans start from $12 per month.
What Is the Purpose of Using Content Creation Tools for Social media?
Content creation tools aren’t just useful for writing blogs and improving web pages, they can be used to boost your social media strategy as well. You can use content creation tools for social media in several ways, including:
- Creating organized content for your social channels
- Combining images and text
- Improving the general storytelling process
- Optimizing content for posting blogs
- Creating error-free content
- Auditing and updating social content for SEO optimization
How Win At eCommerce Can Help You
Many digital content creation tools can help you create SEO-optimized content for your website. However, different types of web content require different tools. Additionally, content creation tools have different features. The above information will help you choose the content tool to use to help with your marketing. Win At eCommerce can also help you develop a strategic marketing plan for your business by developing a variety of content marketing strategies such as:
- Blog content creation services
- Press releases
- Marketing collateral
- Copywriting services
- Social media management
Schedule a discovery call with us today and we’ll help you create content that wins.
Would you like to create more engaging and optimized content THAT brings you leads?
The team at Win at Ecommerce would love the opportunity to talk with you. We can give you a free evaluation of your technology and help your business win.